About Me

My photo
I have been stitching since the late 80's I used to knit till it went out of fashion in the 80's,I enjoy many forms of stitching hardanger,blackwork, any counted stitches, cross-stitch, Quilting,stumpwork,beading and of course my first passion which was knitting.I love the colour purple, I like to stitch samplers I love alphabets, will design my own for special occasions.I like following designer lizzie kate, brent creek,prarie schooler, shepherds bush, little house needlework, Country Cottage Needle work and many more.

Saturday 28 February 2009

Busy Week

This is 2 Turtle Doves for The Christmas Challenge Blog from Just Nan as yet I have not had time to put the ornament together yet, I stitched this and the Biscornu below while I was away at Wortley Hall.


Here is my biscornu for the Basket of biscornu challenge, I made it as a scissor keep for a pair of pinking shears I received for Christmas thinking the handles where grey/red I did it in those colours but when I got the scissors out to my horror I found the handles where actually grey/orange so I will have to make another one.


As I have already mentioned I have been staying at Wortley Hall this week doing a course I thought I would show you a couple of photos of what a beautiful place it was. Inside it was like a maze it took a long time to find my room when I booked in, the food was lovely, I had a very stimulating week doing Health and safety and did loads of networking with the other midwives on the course. 
Jayne

No comments: