About Me

My photo
I have been stitching since the late 80's I used to knit till it went out of fashion in the 80's,I enjoy many forms of stitching hardanger,blackwork, any counted stitches, cross-stitch, Quilting,stumpwork,beading and of course my first passion which was knitting.I love the colour purple, I like to stitch samplers I love alphabets, will design my own for special occasions.I like following designer lizzie kate, brent creek,prarie schooler, shepherds bush, little house needlework, Country Cottage Needle work and many more.

Sunday 14 June 2009

Beading workshops


I was fortunate to spend Friday and Saturday doing two beading Masterclasses with Jill Devon of The Bead Merchant. The workshops where organised by Cath who I attend other classes with at Robin Hoods Bay she had started a local group who bead the 1st Saturday of the month and call themselves the Bandroom Beaders as they meet in a band room. The location is in the beautiful North Yorkshire Moors in the middle of nowhere in a Village called Farndale down a very narrow road!, Took me about 1 hr 15 mins to Drive there both days the weather was glorious so the views where spectacular on the top of Sutton Bank.

On Friday we did the Alston Lariat there was 5 colour ways to choose from I did the above it has a grey background and is embellished with coloured beads which do not show up the band is right angle weave. You can also adapt it to make a bracelet.

Saturday we did the Tudor Rose workshop there where 3 Colour ways my Choice is in the picture below. There was more right angle weave I think Jill rather dose like this stitch.

As you can see I really got alot done over the 2 days!!!


Here is my retail therapy more beads and 2 necklace kits to add to my already large stash. I had a lovely 2 days with the ladies if I can get myself organised and request some Saturdays off I might go and join the group.

Jayne

No comments: