About Me

My photo
I have been stitching since the late 80's I used to knit till it went out of fashion in the 80's,I enjoy many forms of stitching hardanger,blackwork, any counted stitches, cross-stitch, Quilting,stumpwork,beading and of course my first passion which was knitting.I love the colour purple, I like to stitch samplers I love alphabets, will design my own for special occasions.I like following designer lizzie kate, brent creek,prarie schooler, shepherds bush, little house needlework, Country Cottage Needle work and many more.

Tuesday 22 September 2009

Bead Treat at the Bay.

I have just returned from the Coast, I spent a fantastic day at a  Bead Workshop with Diane Fitzgerald an American Bead Teacher, the day was arranged by Jenny Boyle who's classes I attend through out the year. Jenny had also arranged for some of us to go out for a meal the night before in Robin Hoods Bay we had a great evening at the Victoria Hotel which over looks the bay so we had a beautiful view to watch while we were eating.

As you can see from the picture below we were all  working hard. Diane was a good teacher we learn alot of good tips, using a double thread and melting the knot with a cigarette lighter just had to go out and buy one, this was alot easier than having to stitch you ends in.

Here is her latest book which I bought on amazon as it was cheaper and of course I had it signed by her.

This is what we spent the day doing we started with the pointed oval to get the technique then we did the Celtic Trefoil, these were done doing peyote stitch.

Jayne

2 comments:

Brigitte said...

This must have been a great experience. Lucky you!

Punita said...

Hi, I am Punita from India. I just came across your design and I must say its a very pretty design. I wonder if you have tutorial or a pattern for the same...