About Me

My photo
I have been stitching since the late 80's I used to knit till it went out of fashion in the 80's,I enjoy many forms of stitching hardanger,blackwork, any counted stitches, cross-stitch, Quilting,stumpwork,beading and of course my first passion which was knitting.I love the colour purple, I like to stitch samplers I love alphabets, will design my own for special occasions.I like following designer lizzie kate, brent creek,prarie schooler, shepherds bush, little house needlework, Country Cottage Needle work and many more.

Sunday 12 October 2014

Beading weekend

Last weekend I was beading, had 2 workshops with Melanie Potter an American bead artist, I had a wonderful time Melanie is a very patient teacher and her instructions are fantastic.


The other beader all busy at work, usually we are quite a chatty bunch while beading but we were very quite as we learn our new stitches also a lot of counting involved.




On the Saturday we did a necklace called flowers of the field in chevron chain which is a stitch I have never done before, this is my bit of beading for the day.


Below is one of Melanie's necklaces so I still have a lot of work to do I did finish the large flower when I got home.


Sunday we beaded a bracelet called Versaillles Cuff, not usually a great fan of bracelets but I loved this one I used one her kits for this one, usually a lot of my beading is in purple as is my favourite colour, this one is orange and purple, not 2 colours I would put together but looks great.


Again this is Melanie's finished cuff.



I now have a lot of beading ahead of me. next year we have Marcia Decosta coming to teach us.

1 comment:

Cindy's Stitching said...

They are gorgeous. :)))