About Me

My photo
I have been stitching since the late 80's I used to knit till it went out of fashion in the 80's,I enjoy many forms of stitching hardanger,blackwork, any counted stitches, cross-stitch, Quilting,stumpwork,beading and of course my first passion which was knitting.I love the colour purple, I like to stitch samplers I love alphabets, will design my own for special occasions.I like following designer lizzie kate, brent creek,prarie schooler, shepherds bush, little house needlework, Country Cottage Needle work and many more.

Saturday 15 November 2014

Thread catchers

I was having a tidy up I came across scraps of fabric so I decided to do something with them, I saw these thread catchers a couple of years ago on a stitching weekend another lady had one, I had found them on the internet and had it saved so I decided to make one!
The first problem was finding paper big enough to draw my triangle as A4 paper not big enough then I remembered I had some pattern cutting paper,


Then I cut the fabric out with my rotary cutter,


I put stiff vilene on the back of one triangle, then stitched them together leaving a space to turn them.



The small one was my 1st attempt but it felt too small so I increased the size which is a lot better, they also fold flat so slip into your stitching on the go.


I got a bit carried away once I started, you can use buttons to hold the flaps down, they will make loverly stocking fillers, I gave 3 away straight away as I went with my mothering law to another ladies house to stitch and bitch!
You can find this patern at Tipnut it is free, the link is in my side bar.
I have also been to a concert this week went to see Kylie  at Sheffield arena, we where right at the back thank goodness for the big screens as she is tiny it was a raunchy show but enjoyed it.


Too far away to get any pictures but the lighting was fantastic.

No comments: