About Me

My photo
I have been stitching since the late 80's I used to knit till it went out of fashion in the 80's,I enjoy many forms of stitching hardanger,blackwork, any counted stitches, cross-stitch, Quilting,stumpwork,beading and of course my first passion which was knitting.I love the colour purple, I like to stitch samplers I love alphabets, will design my own for special occasions.I like following designer lizzie kate, brent creek,prarie schooler, shepherds bush, little house needlework, Country Cottage Needle work and many more.

Sunday 8 February 2015

A cold Sunday afternoon

What do you do on a cold Sunday afternoon? You stitch and watch TV well I do, I often work on a Sunday thankfully I was not today as the teenager next door had a party last night, she did come round at tea time and tell us she was having a party and the music would be loud but it would not go on too late, well it did not start till 9:30 pm and finished about 2 am, listening to her mother today shouting I do not think there where any adults in the house.
This afternoon I have managed to watch Entrapment with Sean Conery and Catherine Zeta Jones an old favourite, then I down loaded Momuments Men we watched it when it was released on Sky Movies but I think I was also reading my Kindle at the time, so I missed quite a bit so it is like watching it for the first time.
I was rooting through my WIP's for something when I cam across this not quite finished,


It is from the Sheep ABC in the World of Cross-stitch I stitched it on some Linen band I had, I had stitched a border on the back but not filled it with any thing but last night I found the year 2015 charted and I liked it so I found it again this afternoon here on Threadworks Primitives,


But then what was I going to make it into?


Friday I spent the day with my Mother in the afternoon we went to Samuel Taylor's at Embasy near Skipton, there was still a lot of snow on the hills here.


I have a quilting day booked for April and was looking for some background fabric in their sale this was what I found and off course I just had to have some buttons.


I have not had much stitching to show as I have been stitching for a couple of exchanges I was doing for Valentine's one has been recived but I will not show it yet as I have not received mine yet, and the other one I have not posted yet as it is for the UK so I have time yet.

5 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Your sheep is so cute, great finishing idea

D1-D2 said...

Very cute Sheep. How is Entrapment? I've never seen it.

Brigitte said...

Nice new purchases. And a lovely little sheepy finish.

Andrea said...

A cute sheep finish. Great new purchases too.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I usually watch a film with my son on a Sunday afternoon. I stitch at the same time so it's a nice way to spend a cold afternoon.
At least your neighbour warned you about the party, maybe she should have warned her mother too!