About Me

My photo
I have been stitching since the late 80's I used to knit till it went out of fashion in the 80's,I enjoy many forms of stitching hardanger,blackwork, any counted stitches, cross-stitch, Quilting,stumpwork,beading and of course my first passion which was knitting.I love the colour purple, I like to stitch samplers I love alphabets, will design my own for special occasions.I like following designer lizzie kate, brent creek,prarie schooler, shepherds bush, little house needlework, Country Cottage Needle work and many more.

Tuesday 15 December 2015

Upcycling

I am a bit Barr-Humbug at Christmas even though I tend to stitch loads of Xmas decorations every year, one of the girls at work showed me a picture in September from pininterest and said she was going to collect all the used plastic cups and would I order her some staples,
This is what she did with the cups. This the entrance to our Maternity unit.


Each snowman takes about 180 cups.

Gifted Gorgeousness 2015

I have enjoyed this sal as there was no pressure to produce or show anything each month at this time of year I am busy making gifts for Christmas so will share the in the New a Year.
I could almost call this upcycling I started with a several pices of fabric and ended up with this after a 
workshop with Stuart  at the Vikingloom in November.


A beautiful raggy wreath, I was gifted the ribbon from my mother-in-law it is wired edged and has sequins and beads on so when it catches the light it sparkles.
In the same day I also maded a Xmas Stocking 


Another afternoon I also made this.


They are all hung up at home.

3 comments:

Mini said...

Hi Jayne, hopping on from Jo's GG SAL .
Thank you for posting the picture of Snowman made of recycle material. I'm a big promoter of recycle and reuse and love people can introduce the concept in their life.
I like the wreath ,stocking you made, The heart ornament is gorgeous.

Elfie said...

I love all your projects. They are so colourful and festive. Merry Christmas!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this year. I just realised I missed out commenting on quite a few of the December link ups!
Love those cup snowmen, very clever.
Your patchwork looks great too, especially the heart.