About Me

My photo
I have been stitching since the late 80's I used to knit till it went out of fashion in the 80's,I enjoy many forms of stitching hardanger,blackwork, any counted stitches, cross-stitch, Quilting,stumpwork,beading and of course my first passion which was knitting.I love the colour purple, I like to stitch samplers I love alphabets, will design my own for special occasions.I like following designer lizzie kate, brent creek,prarie schooler, shepherds bush, little house needlework, Country Cottage Needle work and many more.

Saturday 2 January 2016

New Years Goals

Well it is the start of another year, already getting use to writing 2016, just finished 2 nights over new year. 
When I look back at what I stitched over the year it wasn't much, like many off us I dabble in many crafts such as knitting, basic crochet, beading, quilting and of course cross-stitch.
I have many WIP's and last years goal was to finish a few, didn't really do that just added to my pile of WIP.  There are many SAL out there to join in I have decided that I am going to try some of them as a tool to try and help me finish a lot of my WIP's.

                                                           WIPocalypse Button

I have decided to use the above group to try and help me focus, you post once a month on a specific date and you can dip in and out over the year.
The 1st work in progress I pulled out was this


This is one of the CCN's ornaments I received on auto ship last year with fabric and threads so far I have completed 2 of the 12 and started 2 more, one is the above called "Fa La La"
I did sign up to IStitch's Advent stitch along every day  in December till the 24th, you received a line to stitch so that you had an advent sampler by the end off course I started it then got distracted with other things like finishing Christmas presents!


Last year I dipped in and out of Gifted Gorgeousness this was stitching done for gifts or received as a gift or something  to stitch that was originally a gift or anything that you squeeze into the rules, I have signed up for this again.


While shopping at Morrisons before Christmas I received a voucher towards some flowers for my Birthday, so while I was shopping on Tuesday I treated myself to these Roses.





1 comment:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I'm glad to know there is someone else like me :) I swear I have ADD....